How to obtain an Injunction for Protection in Pinellas County Clerk of Court
If you are a victim of domestic violence you may obtain assistance in filing for an injunction at the office of the Clerk of the Circuit Court in the Clearwater or St. Petersburg location.
How to file for an Injunction for Protection
- Locations: ST PETERSBURG Clerk of the Circuit Court
545 1st. Avenue North
St. Petersburg, FL or CLEARWATER Clerk of the Circuit Court
315 Court Street
You must appear in person, on weekdays. 8:00 A.M. To 5:00 P.M.
The following guidelines will assist you and the deputy clerk in preparing the necessary paperwork.
Request assistance as early in the day as possible, preferably before noon, to allow sufficient time for the court to receive your paperwork and for the Sheriff to process the court order.
Bring the following items:
- Police Report or Referral Card furnished to you by the law enforcement officer.
- Driver’s License or other I.D. which has your picture and signature.
- Specific Dates of abuse or threats of abuse.
- Specific Locations where abuse or threats occurred.
- Mailing address of a friend, relative if you do not wish the respondent to know your current location.
- Filing Fees in the amount of $30.00 plus the Sheriff’s fee of $20.00.
- If you are unable to pay the required fees at the time of filing, advise the clerk assisting you and arrangements can be made later.
- Know the following:
- Full legal name of the accused abuser.
- Physical description including height, weight, scars, tattoos, etc.
- Name and address of accused abuser’s employer and hours open for business.
AFTER HOURS AND ON WEEKENDS OR HOLIDAYS,
CALL THE CLERK’S ABUSE HOTLINE AT 464-HURT (464-4878)
(INFORMATION PROVIDED BY THE PINELLAS COUNTY CLERK OF THE CIRCUIT COURT)