Thanksgiving is a time for family, friends, and food. But it can also be a time when things go wrong and people find themselves in need of a bail bond. If you want to avoid the need for a bail bond this Thanksgiving, follow these tips:
1. Don’t drink and drive. This one should be obvious, but too many people still end up getting behind the wheel after drinking too much alcohol. If you’re going to drink, make sure you have a designated driver or take a taxi/uber home.
2. Don’t get into fights. Whether it’s with your family or with other guests, fights are never fun – and they can often lead to arrests. If you feel a fight brewing, walk away and take a breather.
3. Some topics to avoid when having Thanksgiving dinner are religion and politics. They can often lead to heated debates and no one wants to argue with their family on Thanksgiving. Plus, the food on Thanksgiving is usually tastier than the average prison meal.
Be careful with Black Friday shopping. Many people look forward to Black Friday as a time to get great deals on holiday gifts. However, if you’re not careful, it can also be time when you end up in jail. Here are some tips for avoiding jail while shopping on Black Friday:
- Don’t leave the store in handcuffs with an assault on your record. The last thing you want to do is get into a fight with another shopper over a TV or a piece of clothing. If someone is pushing and shoving, just walk away.
- Don’t steal. It may be tempting to snatch something from the shelf and run, but stealing is a crime and you will likely be caught.
- Be patient. It may take a little longer to get through the crowds, but it’s worth it to avoid getting into trouble.
- Plan ahead. Make sure you have a game plan for what you’re going to buy and where you’re going to buy it. This will help minimize the chances of getting lost in the crowd or becoming frustrated.
- Know your rights. If you are stopped by the police, be sure to know your rights and stay calm. You don’t want to do anything that could lead to an arrest.
GET OUT OF JAIL AND BACK TO THE CELEBRATION FAST
If you do find yourself in need of a bail bond this Thanksgiving, don’t worry – we’re here to help. Our team at Action Plus Bail Bonds is available 24/7 to help you get out of jail and back to your Thanksgiving celebration. Give us a call anytime.